Log on to your Benefits Central Portal account to view your personalized benefits information, enroll, and make changes.
***COVID-19 RESOURCES PAGE - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS***
New Hire? Read your New Hire Overview or access Frequently Asked Questions
Read below to learn more about the variety of LAwell benefits afforded to you!
The LAwell Program
The City provides the following benefits to eligible full-time and half-time employees through its Civilian LAwell Benefits program (“LAwell”):
- Health Insurance—City employees may choose from five different plans: (1) Kaiser Permanente HMO; (2) Anthem Narrow Network (Select HMO); (3) Anthem Full Network (Ca Care); (4) Anthem Preferred Provider Organization (PPO); and (5) Anthem Vivity (LA & Orange Counties). The HMO options provide healthcare through a network of doctors, hospitals, and healthcare providers, with access available as directed by your Primary Care Physician. Residence/worksite proximity may apply. The PPO option makes nationwide networks of doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers available both inside and outside of a healthcare network, with the latter generally being at higher cost to the member.
- Vision Insurance—City employees will receive vision care benefits through a single vision plan, offered through EyeMed, at no cost.
- Dental Insurance—City employees may choose from three different plans: (1) DeltaCare USA HMO; (2) Delta Dental PPO; and (3) Delta Dental Preventive Only. The HMO option provides dental care through a network of dentists; the PPO option makes dental care available both inside and outside of a dental care network; the preventive-only option only covers preventive services.
- Life Insurance—Provides a base policy with the option to purchase higher levels of coverage through the Standard Insurance Company.
- Disability Insurance—Provides a base policy with the option to purchase higher levels of coverage through the Standard Insurance Company.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment—Provides option to purchase this coverage through the Standard Insurance Company.
- Healthcare Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts—Provides a tax-savings option to set aside money for eligible healthcare and day care expenses. Money set aside in these accounts must be used in the calendar year and does not rollover. Accounts are managed through WageWorks.
- Support Plus - Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)—Provides counseling services at no cost to the employee. Starting January 2019, Optum will be the new provider.